In order to fully evaluate requests of accommodations or auxiliary aids, the Missouri University of Science and Technology will need documentation of the disability that consists of an evaluation by an appropriate professional and describes the current impact of the disability as it relates to the accommodations request. As appropriate to the disability, documentation should include:
- A diagnostic statement identifying the disability, date of the current diagnostic evaluation, and the date of the original diagnosis.
- A description of the diagnostic criteria and or diagnostic test used.
- A description of the current functional impact of the disability in the educational environment.
- Treatments, medications, assistive devices/services currently prescribed or in use.
- A description of the expected progression or stability of the impact of the disability overtime should be included.
- Recommendations for effective academic accommodations to equalize the student's educational opportunities at the post-secondary level.
- The credentials, address, phone, and fax number of the diagnosing professional(s).
Documentation can be sent to:
Testing and Student Disability Services
G-10 Norwood Hall
Rolla, Mo 65409